Oh the wonderful things a new year brings!



We are having a wonderful start to this year. It has been so lovely to have Kiev home on break from school. The kids are absolutely in heaven having their daddy here to play with. Holiday toys are getting much use. :) I think the kids are really enjoying their time together. I know that he is really, really enjoying his kids. This is the first time he has really been able to hang out with Madi since she was a newborn. He's looking forward to being done with his degree.

Liam has taken some interest in potty learning. Im really laid back about potty learning, I totally just waited for him to let me know. :) A little bit of nakkie time and a few potty seats around the house plus a motivated toddler (he gets an m&m when he goes on the potty)equals marginal success with little effort. :) Hes not so motivated when he has a diaper on, but does well with just his big boy underwear. :) WOOT!

We are ending the first semester of Alex's 5th grade year. I cant believe how time has gone by. She is hoping she made the honor roll, although I have reminded her that she may actually have to put forth a little effort this year to accomplish that. :) Shes doing well in school, still a social princess. She is having a hard time adjusting to actually having to work at academics; 5th grade is the first year your grades are really, TRULY based on the effort you put out. Shes getting it, though.

I had one of those tragic moments in a moms life the other day. While volunteering at Alex's school, as I do most weeks, I took a moment to watch Alex in class. She was being adorable, and as I was leaving the classroom to make some copies, I walked by her and kissed her on the top of the head. WELLLLL... when I arrived back into the classroom, Alex came up to me and told me I could NEVER do that again! I had embarrassed her so much, and the boys teased her! My heart broke just a little as I savored not a first, but a last in my sweet daughters life... no more public displays of affection. She assured me later that day, though, that private displays are still welcome. :)

Madi is still adorable and round and rolly, lol. She is experimenting with her voice, lol.. she is a real chatty chatty. :) She may be teething, who knows. Shes such a good baby. She has taken a bit to rolling around... but still has no real desire to get up and go. Bless you, child. I welcome your pace. :)




Perhaps the biggest news so far this year is that we are buying a house! We put an offer in on a wonderful house last week, and our offer was accepted! So now we are just waiting on closing, about 30 days. The hard closing date is Feb 15, 2010. We are so excited.





That is all for now on the Darrington front. Cheers til next time.

Comments

Sarahleigh said…
Cute house! Good luck!!

Popular posts from this blog

Another month down...

Gonna be updating,,, it may look strange. :)

How I enjoy teaching my kids the hard lessons: personal responsibility.